
Here it goes; where communication is quite important and did not occur between Sam and I and therefore my story begins.... Yesterday the kids and I had an eventful day of waking up at grandpa's , going to the park, & going to grandma's for her bday, when we came home, Presley and I took a nap at about 430...I woke up at 5:15... realizing I had to meet my friends for bingo at 6... I jump up and run downstairs and there is Sam home from working giving Keagan dinner. I am like, ok Presley is sleeping upstairs.. I gotta run.. I give him a kiss and head out the door... I should have known better.. Sam looked tired and KEagan with her belly full was bound to fall asleep. Skip forward to 930, I come strolling in from my winless streak at Bingo and the kids are jumping from the ceilings... I am like what is going on why are they so wired? they have to go to bed at 10??? Sam says.. well they just woke up at 730-8!! Im like huh?? APparently Sam and Keagan fell asleep, and since no one was awake to wake up Presley she slept until that time too! . Presley is circling me like a puppy because I have some left over food, and Presley is running up to me, wanting to know what is in it.. and I show her mexican food and she wants no part of it.. and I ask Sam is she hungry she's acting funny and he said no she said "NOT YET" .. this is where I should have known.... remember that for later....but I was like ok.. I get out my twizzlers and share with the girls..., than we let them stay up until 11 and than put them to bed with some juice...about 1130 and we hear a cry.. but different than usual... Sam jumps up and yells Presley is throwing up in here.. I run in and there is throw up all over the bed, the floor, the pillows.. and she just missed Keagan (since they sleep together). I am like what is this? SHe has no fever, was acting fine and all this throwup.... its all pink nothing but pink chunks... Im like what did she eat for dinner SAM? and SAm stays quiet... I am like Sam.. dinner??? what did she eat?? His answer to this I did not know how to react... "I didnt feed her dinner" I was like WHAT???? what do you mean you didnt feed her dinner? SHe has been asleep since 4... in 7 1/2 hours she ate nothing but twizzlers and juice??? yes people Apparently Sam had assumed I fed her before I left... and I assumed he was going to feed her when she woke up... Now my kid is 2 1/2 why she never mentioned this to either of us is beyond our knowledge... but its not her fault its ours.. and Poor Sam.. he felt so bad, he let her sleep with us.. and made her four pieces of toast, a cereal bar, and brought up a box of crackers, she ate almost a whole sleeve of crackers, and he kept telling her I am so sorry I am so sorry, I will make you the best dinner tomorrow night!hahaha WE felt soo bad for Presley but have learned a huge lesson on COmmunication!!!






6 comments:
Funny, but if she was sleeping why would he think you fed her before you left???? LOL! Funny story though.
I'm glad you learned something from it instead of yelling and screaming at him. That sucks that she threw up everywhere. i bet that wasn't fun to clean up. Communication is the key!!
EXACTLY STEPH!!
k-seriously..this is the weirdest thing. About 1:00am Kenidee wakes up the SAME night and is like mommy, I don't feel good! I was like go to the kitchen floor I knew I wouldn't catch her in time and she sat there and then yeah threw up...next I hear Gabe up and coming down the stairs as I'm about to clean up kenidee's throw up and he has a trashcan full of throw up..this is so nasty but I found it so weird that they all threw up the same night with no fever! and last I am so glad my husband isn't the only one who "forgets" to fed the kids dinner!
I have totally forgotten to feed my kids once. It was like 8 and we were getting ready for bed and it dawned on me. We had been out and about everywhere that day. I felt like such a terrible mom.
But that was funny story. I agree with Steph thought. Sometimes guys are so dense!
Justin and I have had communication errors like that in the past. Men are so funny, I think they get so used to us doing everything for the kids that it's hard for them to remember exactly what needs to be done (or, at least Justin is that way).
And Ashley does work at UMC. She's an RD there. You should say hi next time you see her!
Post a Comment