
After my last post about the fear of flying I must say this trip was a lesson from God. We began our journey to Long Island NY with a flight to Minn. Upon arrival we went to our terminal for our 3 hour flight in and they told us we would have an hour delay due to storms in NY, after an hour they put us on the plane and took us to the run away and told us we would have to sit there for another hour. We were ok with it but really hungry. After about an hour they said that the flight was canceled and they were taking us back in. I have no idea what that meant.. do we get our money back, do they reschedule a flight for us, are we stuck in Minn forever? etc. well after getting off the plane, we saw the line for the rescehduling and it was about 100 people deep, and since Sam and I did not sleep the night prior we were like Screw this lets go eat and hopefully by the time we get back the line has gone down. Now at this point I am extremely bitchy.. my top three down falls are tired, hungry, and hot, and right than I was 2 for 3 so you can imagine my paitience was at zero. So sam just let me be me and after SBARRO's pizza it was like I instantly felt 100xs better and was ready to take on that line. I get in line and about 30 minutes later I am 5 people away fromthe attendant and I hear her say all flights are booked until the next morning. There were only single flyers in front of me, so they are def not going to have room for a family of four.. WHAT???you mean we'd have to stay the night in Minn? and the best thing is they do not pay for the fare for taxi nor the hotel!! I was like just calm down MElody and see what she says when you get up there... if those of you dont know I am a huge follower of the secret.. POsitive thinking.. I get up there and this lady says ok your already booked on the 645 pm flight for tonight.. I again said WHAT?? how did that happen you just told all those people you were sold out.. and she said I know but for some reason the computer automatically booked you four for this flight!! Can you freakin believe that? How blessed were we!!! SO long story kinda short we stayed 9 hours in a minn airport and finally arrived in NY at about 2 am. upon arrival the airlines lost our luggage.. (car seats and all) and I was like stay calm, went to the attendant and she said oh your bags are on the next flight in which just landed so itll be about 20 minutes.. again we were sooo blessed... My point is never in my life did I WANT a flight so bad than from Minn .. so I think I overcame alot there, not to mention I am sooo proud of us four for really toughing it out together, what could have ruined our trip made us feel so lucky to be together and safe. Here are pics from our well needed and deserved trip to Long Island, NY.
Presley in the airport
Mommy and daddy waiting for the ok to fly
playing games on the cell phone
The girls behaved so well!!
on the plane thrilled to be flying!
Keagan in my aunts beautiful yard!
but with beauty comes a price of bugs.. Sam got bit soo much!
look at those poor legs!
Presley loves swimmingand than passing out at the stairs
this dog was Presley boyfriend
Me and my cousin Kerry
Daddy and his girls
Me and my uncle Whitey
Taking the girls for a walk on a gorgeous day
Our family plus Kerry and Jerry
at the MEts game.. soaking wet
My cousins Kerry and Kevin and Sam and the girls
me and my cousin Kevin
The girls loved the water soo much we had to block them from the ocean at times I was way to nervous
Our family
Burying my Keagan
Presley could not stay out of the water
there was a playground onthe beach!!I have to thank all my family for their amazing hospitality and hopefully one day we will be living there.. keep your fingers crossed!!






4 comments:
Yay I'm so glad it all worked out for your cute family! I have to tell you I get nervous, and anxietyish before every trip. I hate it, and I don't know why it happens, but it drives me crazy. I think adding children to life makes things way more valuable! Fun that you have such a great trip!!!
Really you want to move all the way out there. It is pretty I must admit!
So glad you had a fun and SAFE trip. I knew you would. The pictures look awesome.
What a crazy airport story, you will never forget! Ever since I've had kids, I have been a nervous wreck on planes too!
Looks like you had a great time.
so happy i got to see sams bug bites first hand, yours in person were just not enough. You guys looked like you had a great time. Airports can be such a bonding place and experience glad you all kept in good spirits and made a bad situation okay. Glad your back!
Post a Comment