Friday, December 25, 2009

Xmas at Uncle Don's

This year is a very special year in our lives. A year ago our family was missing our Uncle Don. He was over in Afghanistan fighting for his life. He is a Lt. Colonel in the United States Army and we are very proud of him He really is the glue that holds our family together and Last year was a very somber year without him. He does not take this lightly, he had two attacks on him while he was over there and he had a mission to go on in a humvee and for whatever reason, he was called off of it and replaced with another soldier. Their Humvee was attacked and all on board were killed. We are so blessed to have him back and safe!Also Peter and Tom were back from college as well! So this year Uncle Don held a beautiful xmas at his house. TONS of food, family, and drinks. Christmas is also Uncle Don's bday so we were able to celebrate it as well! Aunt Chris(his wife) also learned how to play the piano and we all sat around and sang. It was such a wonderful evening. At the end, while we were cleaning up someone said we have to have "clean up shots" so thus began "half way done with cleaning shots", and "3/4 of the way of being done with cleaning shots" and finally "done with clean up shot" I was out of this cuz I cannot hang like that plus I was the DD. Again we are so blessed and happy to have had all our family under one roof again!











No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy and care taker to the world! My goal in life is to be an RN and a great example to my daughters that the best thing in life is the ability to GIVE... if I can show them that than my task here is complete. I am so happy with my family and my life and thank God every day for both. Thank you to all who visit my site to say hi or just inquire about me I appreciate it! I will try to post up to date pics and blogs but honestly that stuff falls to the side when life takes place... Hope to chat soon!!