My handsome man is out in the Utah wilderness somewhere in search for.... what else?? a deer! He is taking my brother-in-law on his first hunt and they called me yesterday with the exciting news that they got one.... however, they did not hunt it! It was hit on the side of the road and still alive and they went and put it out of its misery and shot it. Of course this is not Sam's manly way of wanting to get a deer but I am thrilled because that is MEAT! I know I never thought I would even try wild game when I first starting dating him but now I get upset if he doesn't kill anything! It is FREE meat! And the healthiest you can get, no antibiotics, no cages, they live free and eat off the land, their meat is the leanest and it is actually good. In the beginning there is a difference in taste but you get use to it and its all my kids know! ANyway they are still in Utah attempting to kill another one meanwhile me and baby girls are trekking this house alone! It has been a blast, the girsl stayed the night over grandma's so I could study for my test which paid off because i got a B!Than we have been doing late night Walmart trips, ordering pizza, watching movies,& signed the girls up for gym class. Keagan my angel baby was all by herself in the three year old class and did amazing but than there is my Pres, and she cried the first 30 minutes of her class to the point where one lady said "wow she really is her shirt huh?" her shirt said watch out drama queen! HAHAHAHA!but I just kept putting Presley on the beams and making her do the trampoline and by the end she was listening to the teacher! I was so proud of her turn around. I am also so happy I did not give up I felt like walking out but I was like if I walk out she has won and she got her way and she cant...so happy I stuck to my guns!I have no pictures do to Sam took my camera to shoot pics of dead animals so hopefully in a week I 'll get some. PLus we need to hit the pumpkin patch in the next week so there will be lots! Also with Sam gone....( does anybody else do weird stuff to protect themselves when their spouse is gone?) I put chairs against the doors and than tie a ribbon from the knob of the door to a rail on the chair.. I know what is it really protecting me against? but I figure if someone is trying to shake the knob the whole chair will shake and wake me up. I also make sure all lights are on in the living room and hallways. I hate lights on I have to sleep in pitch dark but I want a robber to know someone is home! I dont have a dog but my two cats are the closest things to any protection, so I make all the girls sleep in my bed and my two cats! ANd if they pop up their head I know they hear something I dont!!!!!!!HAHAHAHA I know I m a 27 year old scaredy cat!
ALso I am so confused with politics right now. I really am not a big fan of either candidate but I am starting to realize I am a conservative. However I feel like neither candidate is completely honest, and am actually liking the independent candidates better. SO not sure where I am going with this but I feel like I need to vote but still have not chosen a candidate to vote for . I know who I am NOT voting for but still cant say who I am I have it narrowed between an independent no name and McCAIN. Hope everybody else is having an easier time with this than I am!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Melody
- I am a wife and mommy and care taker to the world! My goal in life is to be an RN and a great example to my daughters that the best thing in life is the ability to GIVE... if I can show them that than my task here is complete. I am so happy with my family and my life and thank God every day for both. Thank you to all who visit my site to say hi or just inquire about me I appreciate it! I will try to post up to date pics and blogs but honestly that stuff falls to the side when life takes place... Hope to chat soon!!





4 comments:
I hate it when Frankie's out of town too! I hate sleeping alone the most.
I'm sure the girls looked cute at gym class!
Justin wants to be hunting right now so bad! He is so jealous of anyone who gets to hunt. I agree about deer and elk meat. When we first got married I thought it was weird, but now I love it (and miss it since Justin hasn't hunted in a few years).
I always have an evacuation plan when Justin is gone. I make sure that I could get my kids out of the house without having to pass any main rooms. Plus, I sleep with one of the shotguns by my bed. Justin thinks I'm crazy - but better safe than sorry!
me too!! We have shotguns through out my room and closet (because sam is a hunter)Dont worry out of reach of kiddies and hidden but still they make me feel better!
Ha Ha I love this post! My bro is the biggest hunter!! He went to Hawaii not for beach and fun in the sun...nope to hunt and he shot two dear! I mean who knew there were dear there! I too LOVE the meat! My hubby (coming from Idaho) I an out doorsy kind of guy too!!!
As far as candidates go. The election is crazy for one thing. I think people are afraid to say who they want being afraid to offend. I think its crazy the older I get (having kids and all) the more conservative I am! I just kind of weigh the pro's and cons to pick the best. Lets just say this much. If you know who you aren't voting for, vote for the best candidate you believe will have the better shot at beating him! Check out this blog a good friend of mine started. He is an excellent writer and does his homework really well on issues. He writes for a political blog as well but here is his blog spot one..thoughtfulelectorate.blogspot.com
If that doesn't work check my links where it says politics at its best!!! Sweet good luck!
Post a Comment