Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Straight Shooter


I have to be honest I am actually writing this post in a mixture of emotions both anger and humor. I have come to realize I am a straight shooter . What I mean by this is I am not the type of girl that hints at things, nor do I want to be hinted at. I like forwardness, even if some think it comes off as rude, I would rather know the truth and stop whatever it is I am doing and continue with progress. I think this is why my closest friends in the work place have been from foreign countries, they dont bullshit because they dont know how. In their country they dont teach how to how to be a nicebitch(thats the term I refer to when people are nice but you know they were trying to be rude), they tell you the truth straight up and I love them for it! My closest friends have been seen as "bitches" by others and people wonder why I am friends with them, well its because they are not afraid to say exactly what is on their mind regardless if you like them or not. I am at a very comfortable spot in my life and.... I like me. I know that may sound weird, but I do not have to have everybody like me anymore, and I think at one point I felt that I had to try to get everyone's approval and you know what when you are truly comfortable with yourself skin, mind,& soul, you dont need that anymore. Ok with that said I have never been a girlfriend or wife that beats around the bush. If you ask I say yes and its a yes, I say no and I mean no, I say clean and ...well.. you get my drift I say exactly how I feel and at the moments I feel them, this way I hold onto nothing and resent nothing , my husband on the other hand is the opposite. I like to say I am the man and he is the girl, for instance he likes to hint at things, such as "don't you think this needs to be.....(fill in the blank)and I am like say what you need to say and stop bull shitting me. Ok now to our latest silent argument. I bathe the girls in our tub and apparently he HATES it because I wake up in the morning to find all their toys spread across my bathroom floor. Does he tell me? no he just throws their toys out of the tub, so I continue to leave their toys in the tub, so today I get home from school to find the toys in my sink, normally I would have just thrown them back in the tub but today I was in no mood, so I put them back in his sink and went to my candlelight party. I get home at about 9pm to find them back in my sink. This SOB did not do this again Im thinking... so I put them back in his sink, go into the girls toy closet get more toys to add and than fill his sink up with soap and water with the toys in it! I hear him coming up the stairs and he walks into the bathroom and yells " what the &^#%@^" and i yell "Dont mess with me bitch!" hhahahahhahahahaha! Two can play this stupid game and I will win because you are not smart enough!! Anyway, he said seriously babe can you please put the toys away after their bath, and I said absolutely and he looked at me funny and I said "that is ALL you ever had to ask!" ok I feel better now that I blogged that!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Justin is also a straight shooter. When we first got married I was really passive aggressive and we would get in fights over the dumbest stuff because I would get offended by his brutal honesty or he would get frustrated by the fact that I didn't tell him exactly what I wanted from him. Once I figured out that he just needed me to tell him exactly what I needed I swear our marriage (which wasn't ever bad) got so much better!!

Communication is so tricky sometimes!! It's great though that you guys got it figured out! And it's hilarious that you filled his sink with bubbles!

Melody said...

yeah, I just like to be told exactly what it is, also he likes to say," but I told you this already" and I cant remember if he did , I am such a guy huh? but yes we are working on this hahahaha

Anonymous said...

ohhh.... Men! I tell you, it is a never ending teaching process with them! I love your approach! You are brilliant! that is why you and Sam are so good for each other... we all have to be with our complete opposite... otherwise life would be really boring!!

Kara said...

I love it! I'm kind of a straight shooter too, and I'm realizing that some people don't like it too much. Oh well! I'd rather be honest than tell everyone what they want to hear. Great battle of the sexes! Yay you won!

Cherine said...

I am, I guess a "straight shooter", My husband is the same but he has way more tact then me. His family though hates conflict that they don't bring things up that should be dealt with. So here is this Idaho family who thinks I am some crazy in your face Puerto Rican. They make me sound like I am some sort of bully!!!! Oh well =)

Aleisha said...

Hi it's Aleisha, it was good to hear from you. Your girls are too cute.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy and care taker to the world! My goal in life is to be an RN and a great example to my daughters that the best thing in life is the ability to GIVE... if I can show them that than my task here is complete. I am so happy with my family and my life and thank God every day for both. Thank you to all who visit my site to say hi or just inquire about me I appreciate it! I will try to post up to date pics and blogs but honestly that stuff falls to the side when life takes place... Hope to chat soon!!