Every year we take a trip up to Eagle Valley. The last two years we rented an RV just cuz the girls were so little. This year we said, screw it!! They are 3 & 4 and they can camp like the rest of us!! We had every intention of just setting up a tent and living off the land for two days. At the last minute Sam's buddy Silis calls us telling us he is staying in his cabin the same time we are there and to just come up and stay with him. We were like SWEET!! SO Sam got off of work at midnight Tues, he came home and we had both cars packed up, cuz it was our family, our cousin Tom,(seen above) and we were bringing Silis back with us. SO we set off at 1am to take the 3 hour trip to Eagle Valley. I was driving my car and Tom was with me so this is our pre trip picture. I have a straw in my mouth for an energy drink to keep me awake.
As soon as we got to the cabin , some things were realized all too quickly for me, no running water, no chairs, no beds, just cots, and walls. This was a cabin under construction. DOnt get me wrong I was grateful, I just expecting a shower within the two days... or a poo not with bugs crawling up my crotch. I know TMI!!! Anwyay this was me within 5 minutes of arriving... so freakin tired and bitchy... how dare Sam take a picture of me and my Dora comfy!

Here are the girls 5 minutes upon arrival... can we say CRACK? Sam was feeding the chocolate donuts at 3 am!!

The girls LOVE the QUAD!! they kept calling it the cabin!!??!! anyway when I am rich we are investing in these babies.. so much fun!Here is KEagan with daddy!

Here is my Pres with her daddy

Mommy got to ride all by herself.. I got up to 25 miles and hour.. the thing goes way faster.. but I was super nervous!

here is our first day of fishing

It was super hot.. but the girls did great.. ok well Presley fell alot and the fish were not biting at all!

My first fish of the day and the ONLY fish we caught at that time.. it wa s a tiger trout, apparantely a big deal at Eagle Valley... I guess they are new to the area... I was like whatever...

sam and the guys snuck off to a private pond while we caught up on a nap and he caught this fish... he was proud, it a grey somethin or other...

The girls.. well.. Presley was quite obsessed with the worms.. she would keep one and call it wormy, but she held onto them for quite awhile they would dry out and die, wed use them as bait and she would go get another one, and again name him wormy.. this went on for two days, needless to say we had about 6 "WORMYS".... may they RIP.

Both of my babies caught fishes!! I mean really they did everything, baited them, cast, and reeled them in... a proud moment of both the mama and the papa!Here is Keagan and her fish..

Presley catching her first fish!

Vacation does not mean there is not a place for time out....

Daddy handling business as usual...

mommy and daddy about to roast smores

man girls would you look at the camera?

Keagan with her marshmellows, and Pres with the chocolate

Daddy and his girls..

Tom eating one of my finest sandwiches... this guy has always loved my cooking...

Our last day, Pres is the last one to catch a fish!

Way to go PResley!!
3 comments:
Your girls are too cute, I love that they love all the boy things to do.. I would have been grossed out at their age touching the fish and worms and stuff. Still grosses me out! haha.
How fun!!! It is sooooooooooo nice to get away! I feel like I have been gone for weeks. we are finally settling down here in Texas!
That looked like so much fun ya'll had. except the fish part, i'm terrified of touching them. good for you!
Post a Comment