Ok so I did it!! I started my first week of school and I love it! I was so scared but I think it was more excitement and it was all cured in the first moments of my clinical. I loved clinical and lab, anything hands on is totally me! In my program we have to interview an elderly person living independently in the community over the age of 70 that is not related to us and I must say it was very tough. I am a sucker for the senior citizen , I love learning from them and listening to all their stories, I feel like they are the forgotten in our society. They too were once somebody's baby. My little girls will be them one day and I hate the ignorance towards the elderly. Anyway I had to rant..... but during this interview with my patient, I learned so much about him. He broke down crying twice because he had lost both his wife and son in the last 10 years. It was crazy sadness! The hardest thing is the questions we have to ask them such as : how many times do you eat alone? who is your support system? describe aging?.. these questions may not seem too difficult except when a person has to actually answer them out loud you can see their train of thought like wow I eat alone every meal, (when about 5 years ago they had a family) or the local casino is now their support system, or he still feels like he did when he was 11, Crazy reality and life changing for me.
Besides that all is great. One of my best friends Stephanie you may remember her, Stephanie Pool, (now Reece, married Jeff Reece) is my total play date partner in crime, anytime I need to run my kids rampid, she lets me come knocking at her door, and she is planning a girls trip to Cedar in a few weeks, we are taking the kids, but it will still be fun.. It will be a playdate at someone else's house with lots of kids and mommies for a weekend. I plan on relaxing and taking the girls fishing!(My kids are obssessed with fishing) Also our girls night out is this Wed for our mystery dinner and I cant wait to see which one of my family members is the murderer!Im sure it my mother-in-law lol:)!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Melody
- I am a wife and mommy and care taker to the world! My goal in life is to be an RN and a great example to my daughters that the best thing in life is the ability to GIVE... if I can show them that than my task here is complete. I am so happy with my family and my life and thank God every day for both. Thank you to all who visit my site to say hi or just inquire about me I appreciate it! I will try to post up to date pics and blogs but honestly that stuff falls to the side when life takes place... Hope to chat soon!!





1 comment:
Glad school went well! I love senior citizens too.
As for the hair situation with my girls, yes it is a battle some days. I can't let them out of the house without it being done cause they both have some crazy nappy hair! I just get everything ironed and set out the night before so we can get out the door by 8. It was exhausting last week!
Post a Comment