Tuesday, August 5, 2008

when did I become an adult?



OK so this past week has been very busy for us. These are old photos not from 2 years ago but about 7 months ago. ( my camera date is wrong I have since fixed it) OK I started to notice a foul smell coming from the little Chihuahua we named Brit Brit ( yes after yours truly herself the great Britney Spears HAHA) ANyway I heard a rattle in the puppy's belly to discover my youngest Presley had been feeding her food to Brit Brit and it has been rotting for some time in the dog, at the end of the day there were 3 carrots, popcorn, pistachio nuts and some cereal in her belly! I bring this up because again the other day i find more food in little Brit I guess my Presley knows how much shit Britney really likes to eat!!!! Anyway last week I started school as well as babysitting as well as adjusting to our new home... we now live near civilization people! SO that is fabulous!~ But selling our mansion was the best decision.... for Sam to drive to work and back was insane! Did I say Mansion? LOL oh no it just seemed that way since the power bill was enormous can you imagine paying $300-$350 a month in power alone? Yeah totally nuts, but we were totally trying to keep up with the Jones's. It seemed our whole life we were told to buy the big house and the cars and you would be happy and since Sam and I did start off so young at 18, this was very quick for us to realize as reality. We bought our first house at 21 and 2 years sold it for a great amount over what we bought it and than bought our second house, and really we were not thinking at some point I would not be working to finish off school... 2 1/2 years came quick again and we were like oh shit I cant continue to work and go to nursing school( if you know anything about nursing school it is extremely hard and demanding and highly recommended not working at all while you are in due to clinical and lab hours as well as studying) SO we made the big step for me to quit my job, sell the house, trade in both the excursion and F150 for a littler economy friendly vehicle(as well as gas money friendly) held off on more kids for now, basically Lots and lots of sacrifices, just for me to finish these last 4 semesters! SO why am I writing all this is because I am so excited to have started the first of the 4 semesters and it is awesome! So far my class is challenging but I actually get it and that is the best especially since math was never my forte! I am so proud of myself as well as my husband for making these huge down grades for our family! It seems like people never want to talk about money and houses except to brag about it, but there is no shame in something every person whether neighbor, celebrity, nun, has to deal with and that is bills! And in our case we chose to minimize as much as possible for the sake of our future!

2 comments:

Cherine said...

Oh my gosh Melody I so feel ya! I am right there sister. Hi my husband and I have been doing the poor college thing our whole marriage and we have fur more years left ;) It is so worth it. Delayed gratification is the best and I am rpoud to tell my kids we were so poor and we have comea long way. It really does strengthen our family making these scarifices. It is SUPER hard but oh so worth it. I am proud of your girl. Keep it up and yea a great supportive husband (Sam)!!!

Cherine said...

Sorry I just read my post and I am typing so fast I look so retarded. I really can type and spell I promise!!!

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy and care taker to the world! My goal in life is to be an RN and a great example to my daughters that the best thing in life is the ability to GIVE... if I can show them that than my task here is complete. I am so happy with my family and my life and thank God every day for both. Thank you to all who visit my site to say hi or just inquire about me I appreciate it! I will try to post up to date pics and blogs but honestly that stuff falls to the side when life takes place... Hope to chat soon!!