Friday, September 26, 2008

..My third daughter...






I babysit a friend of ours little girl about 3 times a week, I feel like she is my own, especially because her father is the sole custodian, and he is...well... lets just say... a guy! Her hair is either never done or just thrown in a ponytail and her outfits.. are unexplainable... he's a guy its funny... you get what I mean right? Yesterday when he came to drop her off he said " I wanted to get her pictures taken, I got her all dressed up and than I realized I cant do her hair, so I never got the pictures taken" I was so sad and told him to bring her by before the pictures next time and I would do her hair. It just really put into perspective how this little girl is missing out on a mommy! Her mommy is an alcoholic and a complete nut case she has been to jail more than numerous amounts of time in her life, she just has alot of issues that she needs to work on before she can be a caregiver to her daughter. Keira (is the little girl's name) calls me mommy, I thought she was trying to say melody but today realized she is calling me mommy and I feel bad because do I correct her or not? I want her to feel like I am here for her but I dont want to step on her real mom's toes by allowing her to call me that. This little girl has changed so much since I started watching her. She use to only drink milk, and I mean really for all her meals, only milk, I thought it was a little weird the first night I babysat that the father brought over his own milk(you know the huge ones from Costco)I was like we have our own milk and he said no she goes through a lot of it. Well.. no shit.. come to find out she drank it instead of eating. She has just turned two last week but at the time she was like 20 months, she should have been eating right???!?!?!?! SO being around my kids she started eating every meal with them, in the beginnig it was tough breaking her of that habit. Because her grandparents watched her two other days and thats what they did was just give her milk because they are like in their 70s.. and they didnt realize.... she can eat I guess???!! Also she got anything she wanted with her grandparents and dad because she was the only child, so she had to learn how to share, and hitting was a big issue she has an older nephew that hits her, and for sure that is not allowed in this house so she quickly learned that. ANyway my point is she is an amazing little girl that my husband, kids, and I adore. We actually miss her when she is not around. She is loving, sweet as can be, and strives to be just like my Keagan ! She is always following her around and trying new things just like her, not a bad example to follow though my Keagan is a special kid who loves to teach Keira. Here are a few pictures of Keira, my third baby girl... poor sam all this estrogen!

3 comments:

Kara said...

What a lucky little girl to have you in her life. Shoot if it wasn't for you she might have starved to death. You can't just live on milk. Oh where would the world be without mothers? Ha ha! I hope school is going well you good little mamma!

Cherine said...

Oh Melody you are such a great example. I think Mother hood isn't over only our kids (as you perfectly proved that). We are Moms to all. I think it is ok for her to call you that. She'll figure it out. Think how nice it must feel to call someone Mommy. I agree with Kara she might have starved to death. You are obviously in her life for a reason. =)

Anonymous said...

oh poor thing!! I would let her call you whatever she wanted to! Or have her call you auntie... She needs a mom! You have such a big heart! Poor Sam!! You guys need to have a boy!!

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy and care taker to the world! My goal in life is to be an RN and a great example to my daughters that the best thing in life is the ability to GIVE... if I can show them that than my task here is complete. I am so happy with my family and my life and thank God every day for both. Thank you to all who visit my site to say hi or just inquire about me I appreciate it! I will try to post up to date pics and blogs but honestly that stuff falls to the side when life takes place... Hope to chat soon!!