Monday, September 15, 2008
SO Sneaky!!
Ok so you know that cook book from Jerry Seinfeld's wife.. its the one where she sneaks veggies and fruits into reg food to disguise it from her kids? Well my friend was over the other day and I was looking through it and was like wow I dont have time to puree anything man people are lucky if they do have time, so than I thought what about baby food? Its the same thing, its veggies and fruits pureed right? So I went to the store, and looked for whatever was on clearance (I am super cheap and will not spend that much on baby food) and I found 29 cents baby jars at Smiths apples and pears, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, etc, anyway I got home and made my first meal with it last week. SO the reason I am doing this is because Keagan will NOT try anything new she would rather go to bed hungry than explore new foods, she has her same few meals for breakfast, and dinner. Presley on the other hand eats anything I put in front of her! My first meal was taquitos, which the girls love and into the chicken mix I added sweet potatoes and squash like 4 jars of it lol!! My sister, her friend, and my brother were all over for dinner , and everybody grubbed it up and nobody noticed a thing! Than after I told them all and they were like EWW but hay you all ate it and couldnt tell the difference! Ok so than for breakfast Keagan loves anything with syrup, she wil not eat eggs for the life of me, so I made her french toast(I use to try to add real fruit on top and she would pick them off and eat the toast!) and instead of the vanilla extract I added the pears and apples jar to the mix, added with some sugar free syrup and WALA!!(sp?) I GOT HER!! HAHAHA Now who is the Boss MS. KEAGAN???? I am soo proud of myself! So last night I made meat loaf and I usually add green peppers and onions and I had none and I went to my cabinet of baby food and found country vegetables I added two jars(which is alot) but man it came out awesome! Baby food is bland enough where it goes undetected yet there is a little something in there that gives your food a little added flavor. Handsome Man(Sam) do you ask???? Yeah come on if he cant put the kids clothes on right do you think he can tell I am spiking his food with veggie goodness??? LOL:P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Melody
- I am a wife and mommy and care taker to the world! My goal in life is to be an RN and a great example to my daughters that the best thing in life is the ability to GIVE... if I can show them that than my task here is complete. I am so happy with my family and my life and thank God every day for both. Thank you to all who visit my site to say hi or just inquire about me I appreciate it! I will try to post up to date pics and blogs but honestly that stuff falls to the side when life takes place... Hope to chat soon!!





6 comments:
i have done the brownies in that cookbook. And i have pulled the babyfood trick too... it is was easier! And who has time to puree? Cause if you do... then your crazy!! that was a funny post!
That's freaking HILARIOUS! "Who's the boss now??" You crack me up! I'll have to try that. I never thought to use baby food. You won't catch me spending time pureeing (is that a word?!).
I freakin love this post you are HILARIOUS...hey I just read what Kourtney put and whala..we were thinking the exact same thing and almost the exact same words lol..anyway I love this idea you are such a great mom;)
yeah I am seriously quite proud of myself I was hopeless for a minute and than thought.. ok i know what she likes so y not adapt to her rules and keep those same foods but sneak the good stuff in them? YIPPEE!!
Nice! I do the same thing. Baby food all the way baby! I also sneak V8 juice into stuff.
I knew about that book and I do have some time I guess to puree but I don't really want to. Baby food is such a genius idea! Thanks!!!
Post a Comment