Friday, April 24, 2009

DIETS!!

Ok I have come to the conclusion that Diets are L A M E!!! where did I get this from? well think about it.. your on a diet for a certain amount of time.. if you aquire that diet into your life than it has changed into your lifestyle and becomes just the way you eat which is GREAT.. if not than you have not conquered anything.. you have not maintained your weight.. if you lost some.. and go back to the way you were eating your most likely to GAIN weight plus some!! Im bringing this up because today I sat down to eat my amazing rice salad( this is the salad I made for you Kandi and Steph) and couldnt quite figure out why it tasted sweeter... after scarfing it down I went back to check out my salsa.. no nothing funky there.. than I went to my sour cream.. EEEWWWW regular sour cream!!!! Not to sound like a snot but I havent bought reg sour cream in like 4 years! Than this made me think.. people always ask me why I am the size I am do I work out.. do I watch what I eat.. and yeah I work out once a week maybe.. and no I dont watch what I eat.. but than I realized ITS JUST MY LIFESTYLE!! As soon as Sam and I were married I started weaning us off of white bread, than to Wheat, and now to WHole wheat, yes its a big change in the beginning but eventually you get used to it. Than after the girls turned two I took them from Vit D milk to 2 %, to 1 % to now fat free, Sam thought he was going to die and would say it tasted like water until A week ago, the cashier accidentally switched our milk with someone else's and we were forced to drink Vit D ... it was SOO SWWEET and we could not do it, not even the girls liked it. I have done this with crackers as well.. they think crackers are cookies, and I do triscuit ( which is whole wheat) I also started sprinkling broccoli on everything and now we all eat broccoli raw for a snack( my super fav) I think my point is I dont stress over it... I just make it apart of my routine. This also means when I go to restaurants I also dont stress about what I am ordering, I just order it because really how often do I go out to eat? Once a week if Im lucky. Im home more than anything and I enjoy my food at home. not sure why I am blogging about this.. I think I was fed up with questions about y I am the way I am .. and really moderation, exercise, and making a lifestyle choice and change are the only answers to maintaining weight.

1 comment:

Galanti's said...

I couldn't agree more!! I gained alot of weight over the last few years, never caring what I ate, but as of now with me losing all this weight I really just changed a few things, not hard at all and it's truly about just bring healthy-er eating in to your daily life!! Nice post!!

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy and care taker to the world! My goal in life is to be an RN and a great example to my daughters that the best thing in life is the ability to GIVE... if I can show them that than my task here is complete. I am so happy with my family and my life and thank God every day for both. Thank you to all who visit my site to say hi or just inquire about me I appreciate it! I will try to post up to date pics and blogs but honestly that stuff falls to the side when life takes place... Hope to chat soon!!